Join Australia's number 1 University †
Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
The Chancellery is led by the Vice-Chancellor and has a University-wide focus on:
- delivering strategic leadership
- allocating capital according to strategic priorities
- developing and overseeing a business framework that includes appropriate financial and other organisational planning and controls
- ensuring identity or brand is consistent with strategic intent and purpose, and
- overseeing policies and initiatives that develop the academic and professional expertise of University staff members.
About the role
As a member of the Chancellery International team, through allocated markets, provide high-level intelligence, briefings and reports and engage with strategic international partnerships and/or alliances to maximise opportunities that align with University strategy. This role is also responsible for the co-ordination and ongoing development of an efficient, effective international visits and agreements management program. Across its portfolio of responsibility, this role is accountable for the development and implementation of streamlined processes and/or protocols that enable continuous improvement, strengthens communication between stakeholders and minimises administrative burden.
- You will have a degree with relevant experience; or extensive experience and broad knowledge of the field; or an equivalent combination of relevant professional experience and/or education and training.
- Knowledge and understanding of the internationalisation strategy and the priorities of the University.
- Experience in building effective working relations internationally, relationship building and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Experience in supervising and managing staff to achieve outcomes
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information, and to produce high quality analytical reports and advice.
- Evidence of the development and implementation of process improvement
- Ability to create, conduct, coordinate events and outbound visits, exercising sound judgement and prioritisation
Please submit a cover letter, CV and document addressing the key selection criteria listed in the position description.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.