About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client-centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements, and acts as a shared services function within the University of Melbourne.
About the role
The Media Advisor works (within a team of media advisors) to support staff across the University to identify opportunities for media outreach and responds to incoming media queries, aligning action and responses with the University's brand position and strategic aims. Reporting to the Media Manager, the role develops and maintains effective working relationships with Academic Divisions, Chancellery and external marketing analytics suppliers to ensure high quality and timely service delivery.
You will have:
- A degree with relevant experience; or extensive experience and broad knowledge of the field; or an equivalent combination of relevant professional experience and/or education and training.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and contribute to media strategy and planning.
- Ability to provide media and communications advice across the organisation.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with stakeholders. Ability to monitor and report on media outcomes.
- Understanding of and demonstrated ability to work with social media, audio and visual mediums.
- Ability to identify, write and pitch media stories.
- Ability to confidently liaise with media on behalf of an organisation.
Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria