Join Australia's number 1 University †
Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
This is a full-time fixed term position available for 6 months.
The Chancellery is led by the Vice-Chancellor and has a University-wide focus on:
- delivering strategic leadership
- allocating capital according to strategic priorities
- developing and overseeing a business framework that includes appropriate financial and other organisational planning and controls
- ensuring identity or brand is consistent with strategic intent and purpose, and
- overseeing policies and initiatives that develop the academic and professional expertise of University staff members.
The Policy and Strategy Advisor will contribute to the Chancellery International portfolio and the implementation of the International Strategy. They will undertake high-level analysis and research, and actively engage with project work specific to the development of the strategy to enable the University's international student recruitment ambitions. The incumbent will draft documents, carry out research and data analysis and participate in and manage meetings and working groups as required.
- A degree with relevant experience; or extensive experience and broad knowledge of the field; or an equivalent combination of relevant professional experience and/or education and training.
- Knowledge and understanding of the internationalisation strategy and the priorities of the University.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and to use negotiation and influencing skills to influence outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to work with confidential and sensitive information; provide high quality advice and in-depth analysis.
- Demonstrated research, strategy and policy writing skills.
- Strong project management skills and ability to meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy.
Please submit a cover letter, CV and document addressing the key selection criteria listed in the position description.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.