- Experience the benefits of amazing growth by joining Australia's largest and most multidisciplinary Rural Health School
- Join a rapidly expanding, cohesive and high-performing School that possess state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities
- Work in vibrant and culturally enriched regions renowned for great lifestyle, with campuses located at Bendigo, Albury-Wodonga, Shepparton, and Mildura
- Enjoy the opportunity to play a key role in developing high-quality, effective rural health education, training and research in partnership with health service providers and local communities.
About La Trobe University
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the position
La Trobe Rural Health school is seeking to appoint to a suite of exciting, newly created positions associated with the announcement of the La Trobe University Rural Health School as Australia's newest University Department of Rural Health (UDRH).
The overall goal of the UDRH platform is:
"To improve the recruitment and retention of medical, nursing, dental and allied health professionals in rural and remote Australia. This will ultimately improve the health and wellbeing of Australians living in rural and remote areas. This goal will be achieved by:
- Providing effective rural training experiences for health students.
- Developing an evidence base for the efficacy of rural training strategies in delivering rural health workforce outcomes.
- Supporting rural health professionals to improve Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health.
- Increasing the number of rural origin health and medical students.
- Maximising the investment of program funds in rural, regional and remote areas for the maintenance of well supported academic networks to enhance the delivery of training to students and the provision of medical services to communities" (Australian Government Department of Health).
The diverse, challenging and highly rewarding positions include:
- 1 x Professor or Associate Professor Level E position description.docx Level D position description.docx
- 2 x Senior Lecturer level C position description.docx
- 5 x Lecturer Level B position description.docx
Skills and experience
The successful candidates will bring an excellent record of achievement in academia, a breadth of academic vision, demonstrable experience leading/contributing to teams in an innovative academic environment. They will ensure the La Trobe Rural Health School continues to excel in the areas of teaching and research, and will engage in innovative partnership-work focused on service learning. They will also develop curriculum, teach, and undertake research relevant to the activities of the La Trobe University UDRH.
Appointees will have the ability to to build strategic relationships both domestically and internationally with key external partners, ranging from local communities to industry and government.
A PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing across one of the following areas is essential: Dentistry, oral health, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech pathology, paramedicine, exercise physiology, exercise science, social work, public health, nursing, or midwifery.
Closing date: Sunday 7 April 2019
Position Enquiries: Melissa Favata, Senior Recruitment Business Partner 03 9479 2030
Please address the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the Position Description(s) below and attach these with your application.
Please indicate which level role(s) you wish to apply for.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact HR Assist on 9479 1234.