Join Australia's number 1 University †
Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
About Research and Enterprise
The Chancellery Research and Enterprise portfolio is led by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) and works across a number of areas including:
- Research and research training strategy
- Research partnerships and collaborations, including industry, government, research organisations and institutes - both domestically and internationally
- Research infrastructure, including cross-Faculty, whole-of-University and interdisciplinary research initiatives, including implementation of key Research at Melbourne initiatives
- Research performance and impact, including research metrics, research rankings and government-sponsored exercises like Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Research systems strategy (how our enterprise systems support the business of research)
- Research ethics and integrity, including consideration of research misconduct;
- Enterprise, industry engagement and innovation and
- Research capability - including graduate research.
About the role
Reporting to the Associate Director, Major Research Investment, the Research Strategy Project Officer will provide project and administrative support for the implementation and reporting of the Research At Melbourne (R@M) Strategy and major research investments such as the Driving Research Momentum (DRM) initiative and the STEM-M Stimulus Fund.
The R@M Strategy outlines consists of a range of projects and programs designed to effect change across three key areas of the University's research agenda: Our people, Our Collaborations and Our settings.
As Project Officer, you will support the implementation and reporting of the R@M Strategy and subsequent major research investments. Key activities will include coordinating the implementation and reporting outcomes of key projects, including administration of the flagship Research @ Melbourne Accelerator Program (R@MAP), the recruitment of approximately 50 outstanding researchers under the DRM initiative and projects funded by the STEMM Stimulus fund. In addition, you will service a range of associated committees and manage the coordination and submission of reports. This will include preparation of general written and verbal advice, routine correspondence, the drafting of intranet content, and other general administrative and project tasks as requested.
This exciting full-time position is available for two years.
- Completion of a degree level qualification with subsequent relevant work-related experience or equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Demonstrated successful experience in a project officer role or equivalent in a university or research institute
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills (including report writing, correspondence, preparation of presentations) and the ability to liaise effectively with external parties and University staff at different levels
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with the ability to deliver creative solutions and negotiate outcomes
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Please submit a cover letter, CV and document addressing the key selection criteria listed in the position description.