- Opportunities to work in CBD & Bundoora campus
- Collaborative project funded by ARC with Bluescope Steel
- Be part of research team to develop breakthrough process & product innovations to enable the Australian steel industry to improve its global competitiveness
- Work focus on innovative fungicidal surfaces
- Full-time (1.0 FTE), Fixed-Term Position with possibility of extension
- $94,671 - $ 112,424 p.a. + 17% Superannuation
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
RMIT was named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (EOCGE) from the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) in 2018 based on significant progress made in 2017, and Gold Employer status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in recognition of our commitment to celebrating the diverse genders, sexes and sexualities (DGSS) of our community.
In this role, you will be working within the Research Collaborations and Partnerships team in the School and Research Institutes. This position will conduct and provide strategic research activities as part of the project funded by the Australian Research Council (ARC) initiatives and will see you investigate as well as conduct in depth research on the impacts of environmental conditions on the steel surfaces focusing on innovative fungicidal surfaces.
Roles and Responsibilities
- You to work independently as well as working collaboratively with research teams and Partnerships to design, implement and analyse the research project to support RMIT's involvement in major research initiatives related to Steel Research Hub.
- This will include taking accountability in the project management of research including preparation of reports for intellectual properties, scientific journals and other platform to publish research results and strategy development
- Mentor and train higher degree research students, management of budget and resources and industry partnerships.
Skills & Experience Required
- PhD qualified with background in Mycology or Microbiology/ Applied Microbiology and/or relevant industries experience
- Proven track records and recognition in contributing in quality research showcasing research areas via publications, development of new research initiatives, competitive research funding and industry links.
- Ability to supervise higher degree by research candidates.
- Demonstrate your capability to collaborate with networks of colleagues and generate fund for projects through effective liaison with industry and government.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively, flexibly and efficiently as a member of a team as well as collaboratively across all discipline
- Experience in handling microbiological bioassay
One of the fantastic things about working with RMIT is the access to staff benefits. These include, but are not limited to: * Discounted yearly MYKI passes (via Commuter Club) * Flexible working options * Childcare facilities and parental leave * Staff wellbeing programs
For further information, please contact Professor Elena Ivanova on +61 3 9925 3395 or email email@example.com and to view the position description visit http://yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job reference number 572796.
Applications close on Sunday 7th April.
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description. This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check. RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to be a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.