- One of Australia's leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
The School of Civil and Environmental Engineering is the largest School in the Faculty of Engineering with over 3,300 students and an operating budget of over $23 million. The School has 48 full time academic staff, 30 professional and technical staff and 80 research only appointments. The School's mission is to develop well-educated graduates with the essential skills, attributes and knowledge that will enable them to practice as professional civil or environmental engineers; and to conduct research and development of international distinction to meet the needs of the discipline, industry and society. For further information about the School, please visit http://www.civeng.unsw.edu.au/
About the role
- $75,069-$100,090pa + 9.5% Superannuation
- Fixed Term (3 years) starting ASAP
- Full time
The post-doctoral fellow will conduct research into hybrid construction utilising seawater, sea sand concrete, industry waste and fibre reinforced polymers/stainless steel. The role of post-doctoral fellow reports to Professor Xiao Lin (Joshua) Zhao and Head of School.
About the successful applicant
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Conducts research in the area of structural engineering independently and as part of a team.
- Contribute to the writing of scientific papers and reports for international journals and progress reporting to other researchers and industry partners.
- Assist with the coordination of research activities and actively contribute to research outputs to meet project milestones.
- Contribute to the preparation of research proposal submissions to funding bodies and actively seek collaboration with industry partners as appropriate.
- Participate in and/or present at conferences and/or workshops relevant to the project as required.
- Assist with the supervision of research students in the research area where required.
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others.
- PhD in structural engineering related to seawater, sea sand concrete, fibre reinforced polymer and stainless steel.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated track record of publications and conference presentations relative to opportunity.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with a diverse range of stakeholders and students.
- Experience in mixing concrete, preparing concrete-filled tubes, conducting compression and tension testing, using environmental chamber and SEM facility, and developing theoretical models for concrete filled elements.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Penny Spencer, Talent Acquisition Consultant E: email@example.com
T: +61 (2) 9385 2459
Applications close: 11:30 pm (AEST), Sunday March 31st, 2019