- Leadership opportunity in the growing innovative area of agriculture
- Develop a coordinated research program in precision agriculture
- Work closely with a team with extensive experience in plant and livestock systems research and computing, data and image analytics, with established infrastructure
- Work with a team with strong networks in the farming community and industry
- Based in the regional centre of the Riverina with easy access to the farming community
- Full Time, Fixed Term (3 years)
- $115,617 to $153,204 pa (plus Superannuation)
- Wagga Wagga
You will build the Centre's profile in precision agriculture and work with industry to build a coordinated program of research, development and extension. You will also deliver outcomes and outputs relevant to agricultural production systems based on significant data analytics and image analysis To be successful you will have:
- Significant knowledge and understanding of agriculture gained through industry experience and/or scholarly activities or similar
- Demonstrated success in identifying, building and maintaining strong partnerships, networks and relationships to achieve team objectives
- Demonstrated high level written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
Charles Sturt University is a young and growing university committed to developing far-sighted people who help their communities grow and flourish. We make a significant contribution to the prosperity and vibrancy of our rural and regional communities, with a reach and impact across Australia and internationally. We work together with industry, communities and students to create new thinking, inspire each other and make a positive and progressive contribution to the world.
The Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research, Development and Industry) encompasses the Research Office, the Office of Global Engagement and Partnerships, the Office of Indigenous Affairs, the four University Research Centres plus a number of strategic agendas including ethics and compliance, commercialisation of research, the AgriPark and contribution to the University Strategy. The DVC RDI, in collaboration with the Pro Vice-Chancellor Global Engagement (Research and Partnership), stewards the development of collaborative connections between CSU and industry, end-users and stakeholders to strengthen and expand the research agenda. Closer strategic partnerships are sought based on the internationally competitive nature and relevance of CSU research and the opportunity to provide Higher Degree by Research students with a more comprehensive training.
The Graham Centre for Agricultural Innovation is an alliance between Charles Sturt University (CSU) and the NSW Department of Primary Industries (NSW DPI). The Centre's research aims to develop new knowledge for profitable, productive and sustainable food and fibre supply chains, whilst reducing the risks of natural resource degradation, thus supporting a sustainable economic future for agriculture on regional, national and international levels. The Centre's activities are focussed around three key areas:
- Plant systems (crops and pastures)
- Livestock systems (sheep and beef focus)
- Grain and meat quality
CSU offers a great work-life balance, professional development opportunities and generous financial benefits. Charles Sturt University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications are encouraged from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); people who identify as LGBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applicants are expected to apply online and address the selection criteria in the position description. If you experience difficulties applying online or for further information on completing the application process please visit our how to apply page or contact us.
Additional information is available in the position description or by contacting: Associate Professor Marta Hernandez-Jover | Acting Director, Graham Centre for Agricultural Innovation | email@example.com | Ph: 02 6933 2086
Closing Date: 11 pm, 21 March 2019