- Full-time, 2 year fixed term contract
- Located at the Bundoora Campus
- $80,044 - $89,021 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Launched in 2009, the La Trobe Institute for Molecular Sciences (LIMS) brings together the University's leading scientists to create a new level of collaboration, and a multidisciplinary approach to drive innovation and produce translatable research outcomes. LIMS embodies La Trobe University's strategic vision - to be globally recognised for its excellence, creativity and innovation in relation to the big issues of our time.
About the position
This position is in support of an ARC Future Fellowship and will work in the group of Dr. Jason Dutton on the project "Discovering new organic chemistry using an inorganic touch". The main goals of the project are to discover new organic chemistry via stabilizing reactive carbocations using labile ligands such as CO and N-heterocyclic carbenes.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will possess:
- Completion of a PhD or equivalent in synthetic chemistry, preferably with a focus on organic synthesis.
- Evidence of experience in research and the ability to work effectively under limited supervision or independently.
- A record of contribution to publications, conference papers and/or reports, or professional or technical contributions which provide evidence of research potential.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to liaise with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
- Demonstrate high level of self-motivation and personal management skills.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Wednesday, 20 March 2019 by 11.55pm AEDST.
Position Enquiries: Jason Dutton, +61 3 9479 3213, firstname.lastname@example.org.
HR/Recruitment Enquiries: Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant, +61 3 9479 1241 or email@example.com
Position Description below:
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.