- Full-time, Continuing position
- Located at the Bendigo Campus
- $93,632 - $110,897 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The Department of Computer Science and Information Technology undertakes a wide range of teaching and research programs in the area of databases, computational intelligence, software engineering, cybersecurity, and mobile and wireless computing.
About the position
This position will have teaching responsibilities in areas such as information systems, information systems development, professional environments, technology architectures, internet client engineering, operating systems, systems programming, entrepreneurship and innovation with technology. You will be required to make significant contributions to the departments new Technology Innovation Lab, which seeks the application and demonstration of new technologies in the areas of industry 4.0, construction, manufacturing, healthcare, smart cities, mining and agriculture.
La Trobe is a participant in the Athena SWAN Charter to enhance gender equality in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics disciplines. As such, we especially encourage female applicants to apply.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will possess:
- A PhD in a relevant discipline (information technology or computer science), or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline areas.
- Evidence of high quality and/or high impact research conducted and published or otherwise disseminated, relative to opportunity.
- Strong record of interdisciplinary research and collaboration especially in the cross areas of Data Science and Visualisation.
- Experience in the preparation of research proposals submitted to external funding bodies.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching and a high proficiency with two or more predictive analytics tools.
- Demonstrated competencies in computer coding and an ability to teach fundamental computer science subjects.
- Demonstrated capacity in curriculum development at the subject/unit/module level.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Tuesday, 12 March 2019 by 11.55pm AEDST.
Position Enquiries: Associate Professor Simon Egerton, +61 3 5444 7273 or email@example.com
HR/Recruitment Enquiries: Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant, +61 3 9479 1241 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description below:
Only candidates with working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.