About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client-centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements, and acts as a shared services function within the University of Melbourne.
About the role
Class Registration Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and administration of the class registration function ensuring an integrated University-wide timetable and optimal use of teaching spaces and facilities. The Class Registration Coordinator will liaise with Academic Division stakeholders to understand their needs and requirements for supporting all operation and administration functions of class registration, enabling student to self-register and create a personalised student timetables. In doing so, this role will play an important part in seeking to improve student and staff experience of the class registration process by adapting to and facilitating the University's and Academic Divisions' business requirement. The role will work collaboratively and cooperatively across teams in Academic Services, Academic Divisions and University Services, Infrastructure Services to ensure services are delivered efficiently and effectively to support successful student experience and effective delivery of the University's curriculum through the timetable and class registration. In addition, the Class Registration Coordinator will contribute to the production and maintenance of the timetables for Academic Divisions and External Clients which includes allocating ad hoc booking requests for appropriate venues.
Excellent stakeholder and relationship building skills, high level communication, business analysis and critical thinking and an orientation for service excellence and customer experience is required. In addition, experience in change management and implementation of major projects which have the potential to transform business operations and customer experience is required to be successful in this role.
- The appointee will have: Undergraduate qualifications in a relevant discipline with at least four years' experience and or equivalent mix of education and extensive relevant experience.
- Data literate and expert in using databases, spreadsheets and other digital tools and applications to undertake tasks and analyse data for action and to inform decision-making.
- Experience in the management of an extensive class registration/allocation function using a preferential class registration.
- Experience in change management and project implementation of major projects which transform business operations and the customer experience.
- Understanding of enterprise-wide timetabling and/or scheduling functions.
- Experience in contributing to process improvement activities and cross-functional working groups to implement positive change.
- Excellent customer relationship, engagement and communication skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment.
Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
For full position information go to: http://jobs.unimelb.edu.au/caw/en/listing and search by the job title or job number.