About the University of Melbourne
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked among the leading universities in the world, holding the number 1 spot in Australia and number 32 among all universities globally (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018). We are globally engaged, renowned for delivering learning & teaching programs, we are deeply connected to business, government and the community through our research and impact, all to achieve and contribute to a better society which helps transform our lives.
Engagement encompasses the interactions between the University and wider society for the enrichment of both, and forms one strand of the University's 'triple helix' strategy. Chancellery Engagement oversees the University's engagement agenda, detailed in Engagement at Melbourne 2015-2020. Led by the Vice Principal (Engagement), the portfolio leads strategy in several functional domains - marketing and communications, cultural and public engagement, and civic and community engagement - working collaboratively across Chancellery, University Services, academic divisions and external partners.
About the Role
The University's Old Quadrangle ("Old Quad") is undergoing an extensive restoration, reaffirming the Old Quad's place as the key cultural, civic, and ceremonial heart of the University.
The restoration will provide high quality social and event spaces to the vibrant University campus, where multi-functional spaces will include an exhibition and gallery space to house cultural collections, capable of suiting a range of events. (More information about the Old Quad Restoration is available at https://ourcampus.unimelb.edu.au/old-quad.)
Reporting to the Old Quad Operations Coordinator, the Old Quad Events and Facilities Assistant will support the day-to-day coordination of facilities, events, operations and administration.
In this role you will draw upon your previous experience in in facilities and event coordination to oversee the delivery of events and activations within the Old Quad. Working in a collaborative manner, you will be proactively resolve problems and manage resources, to deliver a high standard experience for our stakeholders and visitors.
- An undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. Graduate qualifications are desirable, though are not essential.
- Proven experience in the delivery of facilities management services and/or coordinating events in a public space
- A customer focussed approach, committed to delivery high quality outcomes for stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to maintain administration systems, in particular: booking and scheduling systems and filing
- Proven ability to coordinate and lead service providers and external contractors to meet deliverables
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to build positive working relationships with people at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to deal with sensitive and confidential matters with discretion
- Strong written and oral communication skills, particularly in document preparation
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions, and flexible work arrangements
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
To apply, please submit a cover letter, CV and document addressing the key selection criteria listed in the position description.