- Full time continuing role
- HEO8/Lecturer teaching focused role
- Newly created position
Only Indigenous Australians are eligible to apply as this position is exempt under the Special Measure Provision, Section 12(1) of the Equal Opportunity Act 2011 (Vic).
About the role
The position will support the implementation of the La Trobe Learning and Teaching Plan 2018 - 2022 and day-to-day operations, by contributing to curriculum development and renewal. This primarily involves: providing specific expertise in the area of Indigenous curriculum and Indigenous professional development; collaborating with College academics and other members of the Curriculum Services team to develop new courses and subjects; and to renew and enhance existing courses and subjects; and building effective relationships with College and School staff to ensure their support needs for learning and teaching are met. You will be responsible for designing, developing and evaluating quality and innovative curriculum that embeds Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander knowledges and contexts based on contemporary pedagogically-sound theory and contemporary learning design practices.
Skills & Experience
- PhD degree or equivalent with relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in Indigenous education and Indigenous issues.
- Understanding of the needs of Indigenous staff and students.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching and curriculum development.
- Demonstrated ability to encourage intellectual development and career aspirations of higher education professionals.
- Demonstrated evidence of the ability to influence the teaching practice of others.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with the Scholarship of Learning and Teaching.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively, collaboratively and productively with staff from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, especially the capacity to work collaboratively and cooperatively in a collegial manner.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Please address the Key Selection Criteria with your application
Position Enquiries: Caitlin Hosking, Senior Recruitment Business Partner 03 9479 1324
Position Description below: 6th of March at 11:55pm
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Senior Recruitment Business Partner Caitlin Hosking on 9479 1324 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs