About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client-centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements, and acts as a shared services function within the University of Melbourne.
About the role
The Program Manager will co-ordinate and manage a significant portfolio of work within Learning Environments, as part of the University's Strategic Teaching and Learning Initiative - the Flexible Academic Program (FlexAP). The FlexAP strategy seeks to enhance the quality of teaching, learning and assessment, and student experience at Melbourne, by providing more flexible study options, including fully online, blended and digital study and assessment options.
The Program Manager will establish the roadmap for development of the program, and oversee the planning, management and successful delivery of complex educational design and development projects across a number of complex and concurrent project streams. The role will be responsible for managing program and project stakeholder relationships, change planning and communications, project resources, schedules and budgets.
The position will work in close collaboration with staff from University Services portfolios, Academic Divisions and Chancellery as needed across the FlexAP program of works, particularly business and technical teams engaged in the implementation program of the University's new Learning Management System.
The role will involve a focus on continual improvement in service excellence, and contribute to strategic technical, operational and industry level best practice project management solutions for the University.
- The appointee will have a relevant degree with subsequent experience, or extensive experience and specialist expertise or an equivalent combination of experience and education or training
- Demonstrated best practice skills and capacity to scope, schedule, develop, deliver and review at both a program level, and the underlying project plans
- Demonstrated and professional commitment to the provision of a high quality client experience
- Sound technical knowledge of, and solid experience in strategic program planning, applying experience and skills in resource allocation, development and delivery of multiple projects both in parallel and in sequence, and managing project budgets within a complex organisation to achieve strategic outcomes
- Strong leadership and effective supervision of project teams to maximise efficiencies and manage critical and competing priorities within a highly dynamic and organisational change context
- Effective use of evidence-based decision-making in the development of quality assurance processes to evaluate and improve program and project outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the demonstrated ability to develop high level networks with a range of internal and external stakeholders to achieve successful outcomes
Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria