Join Australia's number 1 University †
Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
The Chancellery is led by the Vice-Chancellor and has a University-wide focus on:
- delivering strategic leadership
- allocating capital according to strategic priorities
- developing and overseeing a business framework that includes appropriate financial and other organisational planning and controls
- ensuring identity or brand is consistent with strategic intent and purpose, and
- overseeing policies and initiatives that develop the academic and professional expertise of University staff members.
About the role
The Community Projects Officer, Community Partnerships is a member of the small Community Partnerships team within the Chancellery Engagement portfolio. Their aim is to develop, implement and support activities and events that enrich the relationship between the University and the wider society.
This is a one-year fixed term position, reporting to the Director, Civic and Community Engagement. As Project Officer, you will play a key role in the implementation of the University's strategic Civic and Community plans and in coordinating and executing projects and initiatives to support the University's community relationships, activities and events in the city of Melbourne.
- A tertiary degree with relevant program and project management experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Experience working in or with civic and community organisations and an understanding of the policy and operational context of the civic and community sectors.
- Demonstrated capacity to form and sustain a strong network of strategic relationships.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the higher education sector and proven capacity to translate strategic objectives into mutual benefit across core University business and community.
- Experience supporting partnerships at a higher educational institution and/or industry, government or public/community sector organisation.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks and exercise strong attention to detail.
- Extensive experience in the provision of a range of administrative support to senior staff with a capacity to exercise diplomacy and discretion and a proven ability to handle information in a confidential and appropriate manner.
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions, and flexible work arrangements
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Please submit a cover letter, CV and document addressing the key selection criteria listed in the position description.