About Griffith University
At Griffith University we believe in, strive for and celebrate the remarkable. We are known for our high impact research, outstanding student experience, our commitment to social justice and our welcoming environment. We rank in the top 2% of universities worldwide and we're proud of our remarkable achievements, of our people and their passion for making a positive difference. The Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics offers industry-recognised undergraduate and postgraduate programs in accounting, banking, business law, business statistics, economics, finance, financial planning and taxation.
The position will provide teaching, research and service to the Department in any relevant field. In particular, the appointee will assist in the development of innovative curriculum options at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The role will involve project management, reporting, curriculum development, and consultation with various stakeholders, with a particular focus on contributing to the development of, and leading as appropriate, GBS initiatives in First Peoples scholarship, research and teaching. This is an identified Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander position under Section 25 of the Queensland Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 . This is a continuing, full time position, based at either the Nathan or Gold Coast campus.
The successful applicant will have a PhD or equivalent in with demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience in teaching at the tertiary education level in on or more of the fields of Accounting, Finance, Financial Planning, Economics, Business Statistics, Business Law or Taxation. You will be able to initiate and develop course material where appropriate and convene courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate level; produce scholarly outputs in relevant areas of interest and offer appropriate service to the discipline, department, the university and the community. In addition, the person will have effective communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work in a collegial manner and contribute to the positive culture and aspirations of the Department. To be eligible to apply, candidates are required to:
- be of and identify as being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent; and
- be accepted as such within the community in which he or she lives or has lived
Lecturer, Level B: $92,511 - $109,860 per annum. Salary package including 17% employer superannuation contribution: $108,238 - $128,536 per annum.
How to apply
Please submit your application online and ensure your application includes the following:
- Statement addressing each of the selection criteria in the position description
- One page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role
- Current curriculum vitae/resume which should include:
- Full name, address, telephone number and email address;
- Details of education, professional training and qualifications;
- Employment history, including present position and details of relevant professional, consulting or industry experience;
- Research interests and list of publications;
- Research grants awarded and any other relevant information, such as offices held in professional bodies, community services etc.
Obtain the position description by clicking on the Apply button. You will be redirected to the Griffith University job search page where you will be able to access the position description.
For further information about this role, please contact Professor Mark Brimble, Head, Department of Accounting, Finance and Economics on +61 (0) 7 3735 7478. For application queries, please contact Ms Jagoda Piatkowska, HR Officer on +61 (0) 7 3735 6617.
Closing date: Wednesday, 27 February 2019 at 5pm AEST. All applications must be submitted online.