About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Business Analyst is a member of the Business Projects Team which sits within the Project Services portfolio in University Services.
About the role
Business Projects (BP) is a specialised internal team providing higher education related business advisory services to all University Divisions. The Business Analyst provides a suite of services with a strong focus on investment, data and financial modelling, business cases and feasibility studies, and business reviews, both strategic and operational. The role will work across multiple engagements at the same time and will be required to lead some engagements. This requires the management of engagement team members, oversight of key stakeholder relationships, successful scope development, delivery of the agreed scope on schedule, and quality assurance of the agreed deliverable/s.
- A degree in a business or finance discipline
- CPA, CA or CFA qualified
- Strong financial and data modelling skills
- Demonstrated business consulting and advisory project delivery experience
- Extensive research and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive time and resource management experience
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, particularly with a diverse range of clients at all levels
- Proven ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Knowledge of higher education both in Australia and globally
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.