- A rare opportunity exists for a Research Associate on 3 year fixed term appointment
- Salary: Level A $93,653.00
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to 'innovate and inspire' there is no better time to join Western Australia's top University.
About the team
UWA Centre for Energy is an internationally renowned research facility in fuels, combustion science and technology, and sustainable energy development. The Centre's overall aim is to develop new knowledge and advanced technologies for efficient, effective and environmentally friendly utilisation of fuels and energy in the resources industries. The Centre for Energy is located within the School of Mechanical and Chemical Engineering, which is renowned for its award-winning researchers, teachers and facilities. The broad-based undergraduate and postgraduate programs are complemented by a wide range of research activities. The School is a leader in developing graduates in the critical industries of energy, oil and gas.
Reporting to the Director of the Centre for Energy, The appointee will perform research on Methanol/DME synthesis from biomass pyrolysis syngas, including catalytic reactor design, coordinating the experimental, analytical and other research work and providing advice and assistance to research personnel carrying out projects in the laboratories. The appointee should have experience and proven ability in catalysis and reactor engineering with a sound publication track record. A proven ability to plan, organise and achieve work targets at times in demanding circumstances is also a requirement. The appointee is also expected to participate in the supervision of postgraduate students.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- A PhD in a relevant field
- Highly developed verbal and written communications skills
- Highly developed organisational skills including the ability to plan, coordinate, meet deadlines and conduct research
- A strong track record of research publication relative to opportunity
- A willingness to learn new technical skills
- Proficiency with computers and the ability to use word and data processing programs
- Considerable research and project management experience
- The ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, work productively in a team and under limited supervision
- Knowledge of analytical instrumentation gas and liquid chromatograph techniques
Additional details about the research activities may be obtained from Dr Mingming Zhu, Research Programme Coordinator, Centre for Energy - email@example.com
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria: Position Description - Research Associate - Centre for Energy
Closing date: Monday, February 18 2019
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Commitment to diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI- 2017).