- Exceptional opportunity for an innovative and motivated post-doc to work with a multi-disciplinary team of researcher on a 3 year full time appointment
- Salary: Level A Step 8 $92,497 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to 'innovate and inspire' there is no better time to join Western Australia's top University.
About the team
Working within the Plant Biological Chemistry laboratory within the School of Molecular Sciences, you will be reporting to Associate Professor Joshua MyIne. The laboratory is comprised of a mix of protein biochemists, geneticists and bioinformaticians, forming a multi-disciplinary team environment undertaking a diverse range of plant biochemistry, protein evolution and chemistry research projects.
About the opportunity
In this position, you will be responsible to undertake innovative laboratory-based research to identify and study novel herbicide targets. You will use biochemical (e.g. recombinant proteins, protein crystallography, enzyme assays) approaches to further our understanding.
The successful appointee will be encouraged to develop their own research ideas along the lines of the research interests of the group, and to work collaboratively within the multidisciplinary environment of the Plant Biological Chemistry Laboratory, the School of Molecular Sciences and the ARC Centre of Excellence in Plant Energy Biology.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related discipline
- Experience in recombinant protein production
- Experience in protein biochemistry, enzymology, structural enzymology, protein crystallography, chemical biology, structural biology (preferred)
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well independently and within a team
- Good computing and data management skills
- Experience preparing manuscripts for publication in international journals and supervising students
For more information regarding the position or a confidential discussion, please contact:
- Associate Professor Joshua Mylne, School of Molecular Sciences, email: email@example.com
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description.
Please see the position description prior to applying: PD_Research Associate - Protein Biochemistry .pdf
Closing date: Friday, 15 February 2019
This position is open to international applicants.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2017).