About The Faculty of Arts, External Relations
The External Relations unit in the Faculty of Arts is responsible for effectively supporting, integrating and coordinating the Faculty of Arts' Advancement activity, Alumni Relations, Industry Partnerships, Public Programs, Community Education as well as Marketing, Communications and Student Recruitment activities. The unit is responsible for all external engagement activities, both national and international, ensuring that all activities support the Faculty's broader research, teaching, learning and internationalisation strategies. The unit works collaboratively with academic and professional staff across a number of business units of the Faculty, academic schools and graduate school, as well as with the External Relations portfolio in University Services.
About the role
The Public Programs and Events Coordinator is responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of public programs for the Faculty of Arts and the Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences, including community engagement programs. Sitting within the External Relations team in the Faculty of Arts, the Public Programs and Events Officer will ensure that all public programs are in line with the Faculty's external relations strategy and that event protocols are applied for events managed locally and by the Schools in the Faculty of Arts. This position is also responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of Faculty of Arts lifelong learning programs including short courses and masterclasses. The role reports directly to the Manager, Community Engagement Programs and works alongside the broader Arts Strategic Partnerships and Engagement Team.
The incumbent will build relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, including professional and academic staff at various levels, alumni, members of the community, donors and external contractors.
About you - skills and attributes will be highly regarded:
- A tertiary qualification or a mix of education and relevant experience.
- Sound time management skills including the ability to work independently and to manage competing responsibilities.
- Demonstrated experience in event management, including the management of small and large scale and VIP events.
- Excellent planning, attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Ability to work productively within a team.
- Highly-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to relate positively and confidently on an individual level with a diverse range of both internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated aptitude for self-direction and motivation including an ability to work under pressure when dealing with a variety of tasks, conflicting priorities and multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets and expenditure.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria