The School of Architecture and Built Environment at Deakin operates at the intersection of art, design, technology and environmental science and through its teaching and learning frameworks, develops and delivers creative professional expertise to inspire innovative and sustainable environments.
As Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer, you will be responsible for undertaking research and teaching in the area of architectural design and sustainable design and for promoting the School and maintaining links and partnership with relevant academic, industry and professional communities.
This is a continuing position based at our picturesque Geelong Waterfront campus.
To be successful, you'll have:
- a PhD in Architectural Design or a relevant field
- a capacity to lead teaching in the area of architectural design (environmental) such as in lighting, acoustics, indoor air quality, solar power, mechanical ventilation systems, net 0 carbon houses etc.
- a successful record of research and publications in an area aligned with the School focus on "Integral Design Futures"
- demonstrated ability to contribute to the development and maintenance of partnerships with professional associations, the environmental architecture sector and with other educational institutions and the broader industry
- the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, peers and other University staff and other external partners
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- further establish a reputation at the national level in research and scholarship, through publication or exhibition in high quality and impact outlets
- collaborate internally and externally to research projects leading to new insights and opportunities within the field
- delivery of scholarly learning and teaching across all levels and modes including the design and implementation of best practice assessment and student learning outcomes
- counselling and mentoring students
- providing leadership in teaching and learning and representing the University at significant academic, professional and civic forums including community engagement activities
Deakin University is proud to be recognised as an organisation that offers a friendly, supportive and challenging working environment. Our staff are committed to making a genuine difference to people's lives through excellence in education and research.
We acknowledge the importance of providing a dynamic and diverse working environment and offer variety in day-to-day roles as well as professional development opportunities to assist staff to grow and progress their careers.
Deakin University staff have the opportunity to interact with colleagues from a diverse range of cultures and professional backgrounds, all of whom share a common interest in lifelong learning.
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Some of Deakin's workplace benefits include:
- 17% superannuation
- flexible work arrangements
- discounts with third-party suppliers for health insurance, car rentals IT and more
The flexible learning options we provide our students and our diverse team of professionals, and academic experts have enabled us to achieve a 5-star rating by the prestigious university ranking organisation Quacquarelli Symonds. For eight consecutive years, we've achieved the highest level of overall student satisfaction among Victorian universities.
We have a network of campuses, learning centres and research centres across Victoria and corporate offices in Melbourne, China, Indonesia, India and Sri Lanka. Our online Cloud campus provides more than 13,000 students with access to state-of-the-art digital tools and direct access to world-renowned academics.
As a Victorian university with a global impact, Deakin is translating its research into commercial outcomes that will help drive innovation for Australia's economy.
Closing Date: Sunday 3 February 2019.
All applications MUST address the Key Selection Criteria and provide a Cover Letter along with their resume outlining their achievements. Contact details For further information, please contact Magdaline on 03 9246 8389 or Magdaline.email@example.com
*At Deakin we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We recognise that our academic workforce is increasingly diverse with a variety of backgrounds, experiences and responsibilities. In many cases, academic careers can be put on hold through career breaks or part-time work arrangements to take on caring duties, gain experience in other industries, for medical reasons or other personal circumstances. *
Achievement relative to opportunity places more emphasis on the quality as opposed to the quantity of research outputs. In your application, we encourage you to comment on your achievements relative to opportunity.