- Part-time (40%), Fixed term contract for one year
- Located at the Bundoora Campus
- $65,898 - $74,017 (FTE) per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
This position will be based within the Bacic laboratory at the Centre for AgriBioscience (AgriBio), which is a $280M state of the art facility opened in 2013 at the La Trobe University Bundoora campus. The appointee will be part of the newly established La Trobe Institute for Agriculture & Food (LIAF). LIAF's mission is to nurture and connect the critical mass of intellectual expertise required to meet the food and nutrition needs for a growing population in a resource-constrained world.
About the position
Perform molecular biology laboratory experiments including PCR, DNA cloning, restriction enzyme analysis and DNA sequencing. Grow, maintain and harvest plant tissues/seeds, plant tissue cultures and general laboratory services. Provide assistance with plant analysis including genotyping, metabolite and protein extraction work. Maintain detailed notes on experimental work and perform data entry and basic data analysis as well as assist with preparing reports.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will possess:
- Completion of an Honours degree in Science or Applied Science and relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated experience in molecular biology techniques including PCR, DNA extraction, cloning and sequencing.
- Demonstrated experience in the operation and maintenance of scientific research equipment and facilities.
- High level planning and organising skills and well-developed analytical and technical problem solving capability.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Thursday, 31 January 2019 by 11.55pm AEDST.
Position Enquiries: Dr Monika Doblin, +61 3 9032 7422, firstname.lastname@example.org
HR/Recruitment Enquiries: Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant, +61 3 9479 1241 or email@example.com
Position Description below:
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.