Join Australia's number 1 University †
Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
Use your expertise and innovative thinking to have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education is at the forefront of innovation in education, working with partners in schools, early childhood settings, communities, government and beyond, constantly seeking new and improved ways to support Australia's education system. The Melbourne CSHE is seeking a Senior Lecturer to conduct research and be involved in research projects in an area that is central to their role in FlexAP; namely curriculum design; assessment and feedback; or Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SOTL). The successful applicant will contribute to the research performance of the Melbourne Graduate School of Education through publications of articles, supervision of Masters and PhD students and securing research funding. As the successful candidate for this teaching and research position, you will:
- Coordinate and deliver MCSHE FlexAP activities whilst making a significant contribution to the development, review and evaluation of FlexAP professional development resources produced;
- Develop a program of research that is of significance in the area of higher education, can attract funding, and lead to research outcomes that are published in national and international outlets;
- Supervise and offer expertise to postgraduate students;
- Maintain and expand knowledge of current research and undertake research activities that are nationally recognised in the field of higher education;
- Engage in ongoing professional development in the area of teaching and learning; and
- Provide academic and administrative leadership and engage in projects with relevant external education and community groups.
If you can demonstrate your expertise in these areas, you are encouraged to apply for the position and join a team of highly talented and innovative staff at the Melbourne Graduate School of Education.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria