- Join Australia's number 1 University †
Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
Use your expertise and innovative thinking to have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education is at the forefront of innovation in education, working with partners in schools, early childhood settings, communities, government and beyond, constantly seeking new and improved ways to support Australia's education system.
The Melbourne CSHE is seeking a nationally distinguished academic in the field of higher education learning and teaching to lead programs of research in areas that are central to the research foci of the Centre. As the successful candidate for this teaching and research position, you will:
- Coordinate and deliver MCSHE FlexAP activities, primarily in the areas related but not limited to curriculum and assessment design whilst making a significant contribution to the development, review and evaluation of FlexAP professional development resources produced;
- Advance the relevance and academic standing of the professional development courses, activities and programs offered by MCHSE;
- Lead a program of research of excellence in the area of higher education, leading to research outcomes published in national and international outlets;
- Attract significant research funding in the form of national competitive grants and consultancies;
- Maintain and expand knowledge of current research and undertake research activities that are nationally recognised in the field of higher education;
- Supervise postgraduate students undertaking research projects;
- Proactively and actively engage with relevant external education and community groups;
- Undertake professional activities and engage in ongoing professional development to maintain knowledge of current research and resources;
- Provide academic and administrative leadership;
- Provide supervision to the two Senior Lecturer (Higher Education Curriculum and Assessment) involved in the FlexAP activities;
- Provide expert leadership and advice to the University community on best practice in teaching and learning in higher education; and
- Contribute to the development of higher education policies and practices.
In addition to having a doctoral degree in education or in cognate discipline area, a record of success in teaching at university level and evidence of experience and impact in curriculum and assessment innovation, the successful candidate will have a nationally recognised program of research, record of gaining competitive research grants and a demonstrated ability to design and conduct high quality professional development programs. In addition
If you can demonstrate your expertise in these areas, you are encouraged to apply for the position and join a team of highly talented and innovative staff at the Melbourne Graduate School of Education.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria