Are you a recent PhD graduate, or with relevant prior experience in research in academic and/or industry contexts, looking to build on your research skills in a highly trans-disciplinary and state-of-the-art research lab? Working closely in a team of 10 and reporting to the Professor of Integral Design, the Research Assistant will support and contribute to the various research and development projects exploring the interactions across Architecture, Built Environment, Information Technology and Design Intelligence & Innovation.
The other key aspects of this role will be to assist in conducting literature reviews for various academic publications, and help with research data collection and analysis. This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to work on real life projects and in close partnership with external partners, and grow professionally in a highly trans-disciplinary research environment.
This is a 3 year fixed term role based in Geelong, Waterfront Campus.
To be successful, you'll have:
- completion of PhD in a relevant field to Architecture, Urban Design, Architectural Engineering, or similar, together with some research experience
- experience undertaking qualitative data analysis using computer based and/or other non-computer based tools, systems and methods.
- affinity with and prior experience of having worked with Digital Design media (including various CAAD tools), and digital representational and visualisation tools and methods.
- ability to contribute to high-quality research including coordinating research meetings and writing research reports
- demonstrated skills in research data collection, survey analysis, data visualisation, data analysis, and critical writing
- strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- effectively collate data and contribute to data analysis
- undertake administrative functions including submissions and approvals and interaction with other regulatory bodies and assist in administrative tasks
- manage data from several sources, ensuring data quality and integrity
- conduct preliminary data cleaning, screening and analysis
- contribute to publications and presentations arising from the study, where possible
Deakin University is proud to be recognised as an organisation that offers a friendly, supportive and challenging working environment. Our staff are committed to making a genuine difference to people's lives through excellence in education and research.
We acknowledge the importance of providing a dynamic and diverse working environment and offer variety in day-to-day roles as well as professional development opportunities to assist staff to grow and progress their careers.
Deakin University staff have the opportunity to interact with colleagues from a diverse range of cultures and professional backgrounds, all of whom share a common interest in lifelong learning.
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Some of Deakin's workplace benefits include:
- 17% superannuation
- flexible work arrangements
- discounts with third party suppliers for health insurance, car rentals IT and more
The flexible learning options we provide our students and our diverse team of professionals and academic experts has enabled us to achieve a 5-star rating by the prestigious university ranking organisation Quacquarelli Symonds. For eight consecutive years, we've achieved the highest level of overall student satisfaction among Victorian universities.
We have a network of campuses, learning centres and research centres across Victoria and corporate offices in Melbourne, China, Indonesia, India and Sri Lanka. Our online Cloud campus provides more than 13,000 students with access to state-of-the-art digital tools and direct access to world-renowned academics.
As a Victorian university with a global impact, Deakin is translating its research into commercial outcomes that will help drive innovation for Australia's economy.
If you are interested to know more then hit APPLY.
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter matching your skills and experience for this role.
At Deakin we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. Deakin is an Employer of choice for Gender Equality, a proud member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program seeking gender equity for Women in STEMM, and a bronze award holder in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.