- Part-time (60%), Continuing position
- Located at the Bendigo Campus
- $59,851 - $63,424 (FTE) per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the position
Reporting to the Senior Technical Officer, this position will assist in the day-to-day operations of the simulation dental laboratories, located in the La Trobe Rural Health School, Bendigo. You will ensure timely preparation and clean up of dental materials, consumables and equipment for dental laboratory practical sessions.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will possess:
- Qualification, training and experience equivalent to dental assistant, dental oral health therapist, dental technician or dental practice manager
- Highly developed verbal communication and written skills to enable effective communication, negotiation and consultation with a wide range and level of customers
- Demonstrate experience in planning and prioritising tasks to meet deadlines, both independently and as a member of a small team
- Take personal accountability to comply with all University policies, procedures and legislative or regulatory obligations
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 20 January 2019 by 11.55pm AEDST.
Position Enquiries: Joanne Simons, +61 3 5444 7865, firstname.lastname@example.org
HR/Recruitment Enquiries: Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant, +61 3 9479 1241 or email@example.com
Position Description below:
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.