Work type: Fixed-term to 24 December 2019
Salary: Level A $69,148 - $93,830 p.a. plus 9.5% superannuation, full-time or part-time (negotiable)
Join Australia's number 1 University †
Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
Use your expertise and innovative thinking to have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education (MGSE) is at the forefront of innovation in education, working with partners in schools, early childhood settings, communities, government and beyond, constantly seeking new and improved ways to support Australia's education system.
Applications are invited for a Research Fellow position with the Centre for Program Evaluation (CPE) at the MGSE. The position will contribute to research and evaluation projects which may include the evaluation of literacy and numeracy interventions in and the evaluation of a large scale education reform. As the successful applicant, you will contribute to a number of research and evaluation projects in the CPE through client liaison, project planning and delivery coordination of data collection and analysis and producing research reports and publications.
The successful applicant will have:
- BA (Hons), PGDip or Masters with a research component in any of the following disciplines: Education, Psychology, Public Health, Evaluation or Social Sciences
- Outstanding organisational skills including demonstrated experience in project administration, budgeting and budget tracking and tracking project progress.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Team player, willing to engage and work collaboratively with colleagues and clients
- Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative research skills
This role involves at least 10 working days of domestic travel, and additional local client / site visits.
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon maintenance of a valid Working with Children check.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
For full position information go to: http://jobs.unimelb.edu.au/caw/en/listing and search by the job title or job number.