- High impact role for the University
- Full-time, 2 years fixed term position based on Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- Attractive remuneration commensurate with the scope of the role
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
The Research Office supports La Trobe University researchers, senior executive, academic leadership and other administrative divisions to facilitate excellent research outcomes for the University.
The PRIME program is a multi-year $10M+ program that will see La Trobe invest in integrated information systems and implement new, streamlined processes. PRIME will provide internal and external audiences with accurate, reliable information about our research.
The Transformation Manager will work with our major stakeholders, including researchers, Research Portfolio, Information and Communication Technology, Finance, Human Resources, Library and the Colleges to transform research information management in the University. They will be jointly accountable with the IT Project Manager for the overall outcomes of the program.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing a team to deliver the University's research management system and associated business transformation;
- Providing leadership on a significant change program over 18 months to ensure new policies, processes and systems are implemented and fully embedded into the University's operations;
- Ensuring the successful delivery of program change and communications, product ownership, business process re-design in partnership with system implementation, data cleansing and migration;
- Managing complex multi-stakeholder relationships including senior managers, executives and researchers;
- Carrying out complex negotiations and mediating between the conflicting interests of different stakeholders, influencing and persuading a wide range of people in order to overcome obstacles and deliver program outcomes; and
- Providing authoritative advice to the Program Steering Committee on project outcomes, risks and issues.
To be successful in the role you will possess:
- A postgraduate degree with research experience and experience in a higher education setting.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering major projectsDemonstrated strong leadership and team management skills, particularly change management and ability to manage effective resourcing through peaks activity times.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with research management and information management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, lead, manage and control the work of direct reports within a project team.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver business transformation, programs and objectives affecting a significant organisational area at Division level or equivalent.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Sunday 20th January 2019 (11:55pm)
Position Enquiries: Executive Director Research Office T: 03) 9479 2162 E: EDRO@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact HR Assist on 9479 1234.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for position no. under current vacancies.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.