Work type: Fixed-term for 2 years
Salary: Level A $69,148 - $93,830 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
Level B $98,775 - $117,290 p.a. plus 17% superannuation (The level of appointment will be based on qualifications and level of experience)
Join Australia's number 1 University †
Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
Use your expertise and innovative thinking to have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education (MGSE) is at the forefront of innovation in education, working with partners in schools, early childhood settings, communities, government and beyond, constantly seeking new and improved ways to support Australia's education system.
The MGSE is seeking applications for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow who will have the responsibility for research, publication and engagement as part of the Early Childhood Education and Care Research Hub at the Melbourne Graduate School of Education (MGSE). This is a two year Fellowship, awarded by MGSE to candidates with an excellent early career research record and evidence of outstanding potential as an academic researcher and leader.
The Fellowship requires the candidate to undertake substantial new research around issues of quality early learning experiences for children and implementation of high-quality teaching practices. They will be expected to build their academic profile and expertise through publications and collaborations and to submit further grant applications by the end of their candidature. In addition to undertaking the proposed research, the Fellow is expected to contribute to the research and academic culture of MGSE. The candidate will be expected to contribute to graduate research student supervision and to take a role in research committees and associated activities.
The Postdoctoral Fellow would join a team of researchers (led by Associate Professor Tricia Eadie) establishing the ECEC Research Hub (funded in 2019 - 2020 through the Leaper Foundation). The key priorities of the Research Hub's work include:
- Enabling teachers to provide high quality early childhood education programs and practices (the most direct route to improve learning experiences and development for children)
- Partnering with education and community services to provide high quality, place-based early childhood education programs to the most vulnerable young children and families
- Building capacity in early childhood education leadership through developing and testing professional learning models, coaching, and strategies that educational leaders employ to improve the quality of colleagues' pedagogical practices within services.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
To ensure the University provides a safe environment for children, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria