- Part-time (20%) contract for 3 years
- Based at La Trobe University's Shepparton campus
- $93,632 - $110,897 per annum pro rata + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the position
This position is in the School of Humanities and Social Sciences (HUSS) with broad teaching responsibilities in subjects within the Diploma of Arts and Bachelor of Arts such as Sociology, English and History. The role will involve developing and delivering undergraduate subjects and providing high-quality learning experiences for students. The position is available as a part time, three-year contract at La Trobe University's Shepparton campus.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will possess:
- PhD degree or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline areas.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in curriculum development and teaching with a commitment to excellence in teaching.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, supervise, or co-supervise, honours and postgraduate students.
- High level analytical skills with an ability to communicate complex information clearly both orally and in writing.
- High level organisational skills with the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, initiate and follow-up actions, all with minimal or no supervision.
- High level oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Experience working in regional University campuses and awareness of issues facing regional Victoria including employment and social mobility are highly desirable.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits: http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Sunday 27th January 2019 at 11.55pm
Position Enquiries: A/Prof Jacqueline Millner, TEL: 03 5444 7481, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
HR/Recruitment Enquiries: Justin Bolton, Recruitment Consultant, TEL: 03 9479 1073, Email: email@example.com
Position Description below:
Only candidates with working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.