- Take a leading role and work on "Unlocking Australia's Offshore Gas Endowment" project
- 2 year appointment
- Salary range: Level C $118,957 - 137,000p.a.
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top Australian universities and a member of the prestigious Group of Eight research-intensive universities ranked among the top 100 universities in the world.
About the work area:
The School of Engineering is renowned for its award-winning researchers, teachers and facilities. It is a multidisciplinary school offering education and research in a number of engineering disciplines. This includes civil, environmental, mining, chemical, mechanical, electrical and electronic engineering. The successful applicant will work in the large Fluid Science and Resources (FSR) Research Group (https://www.fsr.ecm.uwa.edu.au/) which works extensively with the energy and natural gas industries prominent in Western Australia. This position will help conduct high impact and industrially-relevant research across the themes of Fluid Properties and Flow Assurance.
As the appointee you will, under the guidance of Professor Eric May, Collaborate with researchers in the existing research group to conduct and coordinate experimental, analytical and other research related to the project "Unlocking Australia's Offshore Gas Endowment". You will take a leading role in the day-to-day conduct of research programs that investigate the nucleation and growth of natural gas hydrates, the impact of wax on gas condensate fluids, and the deposition of solids formed in cryogenic gas processing. You will guide junior post-doctoral and PhD researchers and help with the management of partnerships with industrial collaborators.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- A PhD in a relevant field (e.g. engineering, physics, chemistry).
- Extensive knowledge and experience executing industry-driven research and contributing to the management of research projects in the area of Flow Assurance and Fluid Properties.
- Demonstrated ability to produce nationally significant, influential research with high quality publication outputs, relative to opportunity.
- Established ability to attract competitive research funding from industry and government.
- Highly developed ability to work with industry and deliver business outcomes.
- A proven track record in the successful supervision of the research of honours and postgraduate students.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to lead a team and to work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and show initiative.
- Undertake interstate and international travel
- Occasional weekend work
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria: Position Description - Level C Senior Research Fellow
Closing date: Friday, 18 January 2019
This position is open to international applicants.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050
We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
Please see the position description prior to applying:
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI - inclusion the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.