- Continuing part-time (29.4 hours per week)
- HEW 5 Level $67,675 + 17% Superannuation
- Located at our Burwood Campus
This role offers you the chance to work with talented academics who are at forefront of groundbreaking research that has the possibility to radically improve lives.
As a valued member of the supportive and close-knit research team you will provide a range of high- level administrative support to academic staff, research supervisors, and HDR and Honours student.
With an eye for detail, you have the capacity to evaluate and interpret complex rules and ensure that all correspondence and reports meet strict guidelines.
To be successful :
- strong administration or research experience
- a desire to build a career in ethics
- attention to detail with an understanding of compliance
- reliability in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters
- high-level interpersonal and written communication skills
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- manage and maintenance of records in the database
- monitor compliance and the preparation of reports
- liaise with authors to source and upload evidence
- advise on ethics administrative processes
- coordinate and organisation seminars, workshops and other events
Deakin University is proud to be recognised as an organisation that offers a friendly, supportive and challenging working environment. Our staff are committed to making a genuine difference to people's lives through excellence in education and research.
We acknowledge the importance of providing a dynamic and diverse working environment and offer variety in day-to-day roles as well as professional development opportunities to assist staff to grow and progress their careers.
Deakin University staff have the opportunity to interact with colleagues from a diverse range of cultures and professional backgrounds, all of whom share a common interest in lifelong learning.
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Some of Deakin's workplace benefits include:
- 17% superannuation
- flexible work arrangements
- discounts with third party suppliers for health insurance, car rentals IT and more
The flexible learning options we provide our students and our diverse team of professionals and academic experts has enabled us to achieve a 5-star rating by the prestigious university ranking organisation Quacquarelli Symonds. For eight consecutive years, we've achieved the highest level of overall student satisfaction among Victorian universities.
We have a network of campuses, learning centres and research centres across Victoria and corporate offices in Melbourne, China, Indonesia, India and Sri Lanka. Our online Cloud campus provides more than 13,000 students with access to state-of-the-art digital tools and direct access to world-renowned academics.
As a Victorian university with a global impact, Deakin is translating its research into commercial outcomes that will help drive innovation for Australia's economy.
At Deakin we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. Deakin is an Employer of choice for Gender Equality, a proud member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program seeking gender equity for Women in STEMM, and a bronze award holder in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.