- Full time, Continuing position
- Play a key leadership role in the Leadership Student Operations Team
- $94,222 - $108,005 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation contribution
About the role:
Student Services and Administration encompasses the full range of student administration and student support services - front line customer service, admissions to graduations, counselling services, equity and diversity, child care, accommodation services, inclusive resources development and campus life functions. With core accountabilities spanning the entire student lifecycle, Student Services and Administration leverages the diverse knowledge and skills of individuals and teams working as one to deliver an exceptional and seamless customer experience.
The Manager, Graduations, Ceremonies & Events is responsible for the overall event delivery of University graduations and ceremonies, including primary accountability for external events and generation of commercial revenue. The successful candidate will also have an important role in leadership and support across the broader Student Operations Team.
Responsibilities will include:
This is an excellent opportunity to join a capable team and implement new initiatives to ensure continuous improvement and success of the team and Division, by taking operational responsibility for staff delivering significant administrative or professional services, including the provision of advice on procedures, systems, priorities and budgets.
This role will identify trends, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and risks in specialist areas of responsibility that may have an impact on the University, local team or division and propose and implement changes to work processes to improve quality and effectiveness of service provision.
The successful candidate will oversee a number of projects to ensure each is managed and delivered to specification, time and budget and provide advice to staff on program objectives, organisational structures and budget expenditure.
To be successful;
You will have and be able to demonstrate
- Experience in business improvement reviews and implementation,
- Staff management, including effectively leading teams through change
- High level stakeholder engagement and communications
- Event Management and budget management experience
- LTU Cultural Qualities - Innovative, Accountable, Connected, Care as well as being focussed on continuous improvement and high-quality service delivery
About La Trobe:
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
Our cultural qualities underpin everything we do. As we work towards realising the strategic goals of the University we strive to work in a way which is aligned to our four cultural qualities:
- We are Connected**: We connect to the world outside - the students and communities we serve, both locally and globally.
- We are Innovative: We tackle the big issues of our time to transform the lives of our students and society.
- We are Accountable: We strive for excellence in everything we do. We hold each other and ourselves to account, and work to the highest standard.
- We Care: We care about what we do and why we do it. We believe in the power of education and research to transform lives and global society. We care about being the difference in the lives of our students and communities.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
Closing Date: Sunday the 20th of January Position Enquiries: Antonia Lamanna, Senior Manager, Student Operations p: (03) 9479 2406
Position Description attached: PD- Manager, Graduations Ceremonies and Events.pdf
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have any questions regarding how to apply for this role, please contact Caitlin Hosking on +61 3 9479 1324 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search under current vacancies.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.