- JOB ID: 180824
- SALARY RANGE: $96,394 to $110,364 pa (plus 17% super)
- EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and continuing
- LOCATION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of the position is to effectively manage the development, review and implementation of a range of organisational processes, service contracts and partnership agreements, with an aim of improving the quality and effectiveness of the Asset Maintenance and Renewal group's services. This will include:
- Managing the development and implementation of new and existing contracts and organisational systems in order to enhance the delivery of Asset Maintenance and Renewal maintenance services and relationships with customers, and external contractors.
- Overseeing the implementation and monitoring of a contractor management plan, ensuring agreed service level standards are achieved and escalations are resolved
- Managing the continual improvement of procedures in collaboration with University clients to ensure initiatives and improvements are implemented in line with the University's Strategic Plan and the Facilities Services partnership agreements.
- Leading and guiding the Maintenance team members on strategies to maximise staff performance with the emphasis on improving teamwork and productivity.
- Tertiary qualification in management and / or building
- Experience in budgeting and financial management, planning, contractual and legal rights and obligations
- Significant relevant experience within facilities management environment
- Proven management experience in leadership and people management
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Matt McDermott, Tel: +61 3 9244 3889
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 25 November 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.