- JOB ID:180823
- SALARY RANGE: $112,056 to $118,768 pa (plus 17% super)
- EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and fixed term for 3 years
- LOCATION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Manager is responsible for managing a full spectrum of IISRI's activities, which include, operational planning and execution, financial management, human resource management, higher degree student (HDR) planning and implementation, reporting and compliance. This will include:
- Identifying opportunities for IISRI to plan and develop operational plans and schedules, ensuring all IISRI initiatives are in accordance with statutory and regulatory frameworks and University legislation and policy.
- Directing and manage the operational activities of IISRI, which include, but not limited to, human resources, higher degree students, annual reports, board meeting reports, business cases, and other strategic documents of IISRI.
- Managing the entire project life cycle of major projects within IISRI, which include, but not limited to, setup of projects, plan project activities, allocate resources, track and record project activities and budget, involves in project documentation and reporting, and ensure successful project delivery.
- Developing and administer an organisational framework that ensures the best support for the academic and business functions of IISRI, the achievement of IISRI's strategic and operational goals and business growth, and the alignment of IISRI's initiatives with the University's strategic priorities.
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline and extensive management and supervisory experience in a complex organisation, or an equivalent combination of training and/or experience in the tertiary education sector or a related environment.
- Significant management and supervisory experience in the tertiary education sector, including academic and business planning, financial monitoring, staff management, HDR planning, recruitment and selection and research services management.
- Experience in management of large multi-party projects in a large and complex functional organisation
- Demonstrated experience in implementation of project and business improvement processes
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Professor Saeid Nahavandi, Tel: +61 3 5227 1231
CLOSING DATE: Thursday 6 December 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.