About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client-centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements, and acts as a shared services function within the University of Melbourne.
About the role
Reporting to the Associate Director, Audit Assurance Services, the Specialist Trusts Officer will lead the delivery of services that enable staff with trust and gift administration responsibility to effectively manage and perform their roles in meeting the University's trustee obligations. You will be responsible for delivering advice, education and training on trust and gift management, ongoing reviews of trust and gift compliance, coordination and oversight of the trust and gift compliance framework.
The Specialist Trusts Officer is the initial point for contact for general trust and gift fund related enquiries.
- A good working knowledge of trust law and trust administration
- Demonstrated ability to interpret trust and gift instruments and trust and gift records, and provide practical advice on strategies to maintain compliance with trust and gift terms.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to foster relationships with professional and academic staff across the University.
- Ability to research, analyse and provide advice about trusts, expendable gifts and the Advancement program.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare reports for senior management, committees and other key stakeholders and clearly document operational guidance material including web based information.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and provide training on trust and gift management and related policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated capacity to exercise autonomous judgement and a high level of self-motivation, initiative, creativity and sound judgement.
- Post graduate qualifications in a relevant discipline and or equivalent mix of education and relevant experience.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment.
Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria