- JOB ID:180809
- SALARY RANGE: $95,488 to $112,940 pa (plus 17% super)
- EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and continuing
- LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Lecturer, Teaching Capability will contribute to academic and scholarly leadership in the Teaching Capability Team with specific expertise in developing professional development, programs and activities to grow and sustain the development of Deakin staff. This will include:
- Contributing to the development of innovative, evidence-based activities and programs which enhance capability in teaching and learning in higher education.
- Providing operational and practical advice on areas associated with staff development and teaching support to the Director, Teaching Capability.
- Collaborating with other teams within Deakin Learning Futures, with Faculty learning and teaching teams and with other University groups.
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of teaching capability programs and activities and modify to meet the needs of the changing environment within the university.
- PhD in a relevant field, or PhD equivalence demonstrated by clear and credible evidence such as scholarly publication and/or strategic leadership with systemic impact.
- Evidence of academic leadership and expertise in building teaching capability.
- Highly developed knowledge and skills to provide expert advice and assistance on professional development of staff.
- Evidence of experience in evaluating programs designed to increase teaching capability and improve learning outcomes.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Associate Professor Barbie Panther, Tel: +61 3 9246 8765
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 25 November 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.