The Lecturer in Public Communication is based within the Public Communication Discipline group in the School of Communication and works under the supervision and mentorship of the Distinguished Professor of Public Communication, Jim Macnamara.
This is a key role in UTS's undergraduate program in Public Communication and its new Master of Strategic Communication and Executive Master of Strategic Communication launched in 2019. The position is an integrated role involving teaching, research and internal and external engagement.
In this role you will:
- Teach and coordinate undergraduate and postgraduate subjects in strategic public communication including corporate and organisational communication, public relations, and related subjects in traditional and digital media
- Assist in curriculum development including the design of new and updated subjects
- Engage in and contribute to scholarly research and curriculum development
To be successful in applying for this role, you should have:
- Demonstrated understanding of related issues such as ethics in public communication, corporate social responsibility or social purpose
- Previous experience in subject coordination and management of teams and groups in a multi-disciplinary academic setting
- Hold a PhD in a communication or media related discipline
- For the full list of the Selection Criteria and role responsibilities please download the position statement from our website.
Base Salary Range: $99,924 to $114,343 pa (Level B)
This role attracts 17% superannuation in addition to the base salary.
Employee benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This position is full-time and appointment will be made on a continuing basis.