- Are you passionate about development and Advancement within higher education?
- Are you a skilled project coordinator and relationship builder?
- Join the Number 1 University in Australia and one of the finest in the world.
In Advancement, we aim to facilitate the establishment and maintenance of mutually beneficial relationships between the University and its alumni, friends and benefactors. The Advancement Office is responsible for the management of programs relating to alumni and benefactors, and provides services to and works collaboratively with faculties and other central administration areas.
University of Melbourne Advancement (UoMA) is responsible for the coordination and delivery of Believe: the Campaign for the University of Melbourne, www.campaign.unimelb.edu.au
The completion of the first phase goal of raising $500M for the Believe Campaign was publicly announced in March 2016 along with the intention to proceed with a second phase of the Campaign with revised goals of raising $1B and actively engaging with 100,000 alumni by the end of 2021. The Campaign is the largest initiative of its kind in the Asia-Pacific region.
To hear about working in Advancement at the University of Melbourne, click here.
About the role
As a member of the Advancement team within the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences (MDHS), the Advancement Project Officer is responsible for providing critical administrative support and project coordination for development projects within the MDHS Advancement Unit. In this role, you will be responsible for providing operational support to ensure key project objectives are achieved.
Reporting to the Advancement Project Manager, you will be accountable for developing project reports, maintaining project files and tracking progress, drafting communications to donors and senior stakeholders, liaising with academics, coordinating team meetings, preparing agendas and papers for meetings and managing other initiatives as required.
You will require a proactive approach to the coordination of projects, including the ability to keep projects on track and within scope, as well as identifying opportunities and ways to improve systems is required. In order to do this, you will work closely with all staff within the MDHS Advancement Unit, UoMA, as well as senior academics across the University. Maintaining good working relationships with such staff will be critical to the success of this role.
As Advancement Project Officer, you will develop a good understanding of the governance structure of the University and of the broader University community. The role offers the opportunity for involvement in the dynamic and fast-paced environment of Advancement in MDHS.
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent mix of education and relevant experience
- Demonstrated organisational and planning skills, including the ability to prioritise workload and plan and deliver multiple project activities concurrently, particularly with the ability to work to tight deadlines in a busy, ever-changing environment
- Ability to conceptualise complex project information, to work with and manage ambiguity and to identify and follow up issues while keeping relevant senior team members informed.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High level interpersonal and communication skills with the demonstrated ability to liaise and work effectively with a variety of stakeholders in a large and complex organisation
- Excellent written communications skills, including demonstrated skills in preparing correspondence, briefings papers and presentations
- Excellent attention to detail and a demonstrated capacity to undertake tasks independently and see them through to completion
- Demonstrated capacity to exercise sound judgment, diplomacy, tact and discretion and proven ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential and appropriate manner
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Outlook and familiarity with database programs.
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions, and flexible work arrangements
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
Please submit a cover letter, CV and document addressing the key selection criteria listed in the position description.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria