Level 7 - $102,971 to $113,686 | Level 8 - $117,415 to $128,247 Additional 17% employer superannuation Rewarding career with a progressive organisation
The National Office, based in South Melbourne, is seeking to employ two full-time staff for their industrial team - a Level 7 Industrial Officer and a Level 8 Senior Industrial Officer. Regular interstate travel is expected.
- The provision of advice and assistance all levels of the union on industrial matters
- Representation of members and the union in negotiations with institutional management and employer bodies
- Liaison and negotiation with other unions, education organisations and peak union bodies
- Research, preparation and advocacy of cases before industrial and other tribunals
The appointments will be made at NTEU Level 7 (Industrial Officer) and Level 8 (Senior Industrial Officer), depending on qualifications and/or experience and carry a salary in the range $102,971 to $113,686 (Level 7) or $117,415 to $128,247 (Level 8), plus an additional 17% employer superannuation component. The terms and conditions of the positions are currently in accordance with the NTEU National Union Collective Agreement 2014-2017.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Relevant qualifications or extensive relevant experience;
- Experience in negotiation and advocacy;
- Experience with unions and/or community organisations;
- Well developed communication skills, both written and oral;
- The ability to effectively organise your own work and to work co-operatively with Elected Officers and other Union staff.
Applicants must obtain a copy of the relevant position description by contacting Joanne Riley: email@example.com
Applicants should provide a written Application containing a brief CV and a Statement that specifically addresses the position description.
NTEU is an Equal Opportunity Employer