- Full time, Fixed term contract until 18 April 2020
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- $65,021 - $87,705 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
In this role, you will conduct biological, molecular biological and biochemical research on medicinal plants in collaboration with a corporate partner, TPI Enterprises. Based at the Centre for AgriBioscience, which is a $280M state of the art facility, you will develop and contribute to writing up research findings for reporting to corporate partners. The research is diverse and you will contribute to preparing proposal submissions to external funding sources, and engage with industry to ensure that research results are communicated and understood.
Skills & Experience
To be considered for this role you will possess:
- A PhD or equivalent qualifications or research experience. This is a CSIRO SIEF STEM+ Business Fellowship, the incumbent must be eligible for the program and must have no more than 6 years relevant experience since conferral of their PhD.
- Experience in plant tissue culture, EMS mutagenesis, mutant screening and gene-editing.
- Demonstrated technical ability in lab molecular biology and plant biology.
- A record of publications, conference papers and/or reports, or professional or technical contributions which provide evidence of strong research potential.
- Sound analytical skills with an ability to communicate complex information clearly both orally and in writing.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills, experience and compliances required for this role.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Monday, 19 November 2018 by 11.55pm AEDST.
Position Enquiries: Dr Mathew G Lewsey, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
HR/Recruitment Enquiries: Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant, +61 3 9479 1241 or email@example.com
Position Description below:
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.