At the University of Newcastle, our staff are curious. We think big, see opportunity and are open to ideas and ask why. We share wisdom and partner with colleagues in Australia and around the globe to create an enduring impact. And we're courageous - bold thinkers who have the confidence to take risks and to inspire change.
The University has an international reputation for research excellence and we continue to build on our research strengths, engagement with industry and partnering with outstanding international universities.
Our commitment to the Student Experience and positive outcomes for graduates is fundamental to all aspects of our learning and teaching.
Newcastle Business School (NBS) is the larger of two schools within the Faculty of Business and Law. The School teaches offshore and in Sydney, Newcastle City, and Ourimbah.
NBS has received international acclaim for its programs through accreditation with the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). NBS is renowned for excellence in internationally relevant research. Many of our academic staff members are leaders in their research disciplines, and are published consistently in top international and national journals.
Is NEW for you?
The Senior Lecturer contributes to the delivery of the University’s Strategic Plan in the fields of Innovation and Entrepreneurship as a key member of the School providing excellence in Research and Innovation, Teaching and Learning, and Service and Engagement.
The Associate Professor contributes to the delivery of the University Strategic Plan in the fields of Innovation and Entrepreneurship as a key senior member of the Newcastle Business School providing excellence in Research and Innovation, Teaching and Learning, and Service and Engagement.
A key contributor to the School’s programs and courses, you will play an integral part in ensuring the success of the School and its alignment to the University’s vision. You will thrive on the challenge of responding to various external dynamics including a shifting Higher Education policy environment.
You will lead the execution of the innovation, management and entrepreneurship research strategy and build the University’s reputation for world class innovation, as well as attract external research income through partnerships with industry, community and governments.
You are a thought leader with a recognised public profile who contributes to the narrative on innovation management and entrepreneurship. Additionally, your ability to develop and mentor academics, students and HDR students are critical to your success in this role.
This role is based at the Newcastle campus.
At Level C:
- A PhD in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated record of high level performance in scholarly activities and outputs, research and research funding.
- Substantial experience in teaching innovation, including incorporating contemporary digital platforms and mediums, and collaborative/interdisciplinary approaches to teaching and curriculum development.
- Proven ability to mentor and supervise undergraduate, honours and Research Higher Degree students.
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including the ability to lead/inspire a team to deliver exceptional performance/outcomes.
At Level D:
- A PhD in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated significant contribution to research, including evidence of national and international research collaborations/partnerships, generation of quality publications and external research funding.
- Experience in working collaboratively with a range of external stakeholders, such as the private, public and third sectors and the community, to generate sustainable partnerships and achieve mutually beneficial research and other outcomes.
- Demonstrated innovation in teaching, encompassing contemporary creative mediums and collaborative/interdisciplinary approaches to teaching and curriculum development and the ability to undertake program convening/course coordination.
- Demonstrated experience in benchmarking and leading change at the Program, Discipline or School level.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills including the capacity to build relationships and an inter-disciplinary way of working.
- Demonstrated experience in contributing to leadership, mentoring, governance and organisational administration within an academic or similar large organisational environment.
For full job descriptions at Level C and D visit:
What NEW can offer?
From a flexible working environment to discounts in private health insurance and gym memberships, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits including salary packaging. You can learn more about these at:
We provide opportunities for all people regardless of their background and experience, and this philosophy is reflected across all that we do.
The remuneration at Level C is from $116,805 to $134,686 pa+ 17% super and is commiserate with experience.
The remuneration at level D is from $140,644 to $154,943 pa + 17% super and is commiserate with experience.
Closing Date: Sunday, 25 November 2018