Join Australia's number 1 University †
Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
Salary: $88,171 - $95,444 p.a. plus 9.5% superannuation
The Advancement Office aims to facilitate the establishment and maintenance of mutually beneficial relationships between the University and its alumni, friends and benefactors. It is responsible for the management of programs relating to alumni and benefactors, and provides services to and works collaboratively with faculties and other central administration areas.
University of Melbourne Advancement (UoMA) is responsible for the coordination and delivery of Believe: the Campaign for the University of Melbourne, www.campaign.unimelb.edu.au
The completion of the first phase goal of raising $500M for the Believe Campaign was publicly announced in March 2016 along with the intention to proceed with a second phase of the Campaign with revised goals of raising $1B and actively engaging with 100,000 alumni by the end of 2021. The Campaign is the largest initiative of its kind in the Asia-Pacific region.
To hear about working in Advancement at the University of Melbourne, click here.
About the role
The Communications Officer plays an integral role in delivering a variety of corporate and digital communications and marketing campaigns to strengthen alumni and donor engagement, and knowledge of the positive work being undertaken by the University.
Fundamental to this role is the ability to tell compelling stories. You will have excellent written, verbal and digital marketing skills. You will liaise with colleagues across Advancement and the University to produce bespoke content and communications for alumni, donors, prospective donors and friends of the University.
In this role, you will be responsible for producing alumni and donor content, alongside delivering a strong online customer experience. You will also undertake an element of corporate communications, in the form of speech writing, and will edit news and information for a number of channels. You will be responsible for monitoring effectiveness of communications and marketing and proactively identifying ways to improve this.
As Communications Officer, you will play an important role in supporting the Advancement function to match donors with their passions and develop mutual, lifelong and beneficial relationships with a global alumni community.
- A communications, journalism, marketing or public relations degree with relevant experience and training in journalism/communications/PR
- Strong writer and content creator, with ability to create engaging narratives with complex subject matter
- Good working knowledge and experience in digital marketing campaigns
- Experience in digital analytics, including the use of social listening and digital analytics tools
- Working knowledge of Swift Digital (or similar electronic direct mail platform)
- Experience using a Content Management System (CMS)
- High level interpersonal skills with the ability to operate effectively as part of a team
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions, and flexible work arrangements
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, a copy of your CV and your response to the key selection criteria.
Close date: 30 Sep 2018 Position Description and Selection Criteria
0024025.pdf For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria