We are a diverse team of world-leading researchers, doctors, engineers, and enthusiastic professionals in corporate and scientific services (communications, IT, HR and financial experts to name a few!) from all corners of the world with one shared goal - to transform child health worldwide.
We have access to amazing facilities and technologies. We work with “rock stars of medical research” and we collaborate with countries all over the world for one purpose: We want all children to have the opportunity to live a healthy and fulfilled life.
What is it like to work for us?
We are a very diverse and inclusive organisation and we are inspired by people who are resourceful, imaginative, self-motivated, energised by making the world better, and who believe in the benefit of collective effort. Working here is interesting, challenging and rewarding. Our people are our biggest asset and we have a vast range of benefits to support them:
- Salary packaging
- Yoga, Pilates & Mindfulness sessions
- On-site gym
- Employee Assistance Program
Don’t take our word for it, check here what our employees are saying!
About the Opportunity?
It’s an exciting period of transformation and opportunity at MCRI as we set the wheels in motion to bring key initiatives into fruition.
We have a rare opportunity for a results-driven Senior Project Officer on a full time, 2 year contract to support the development and execution of projects being undertaken by our COO and his direct reports within Research Support and Operations (RSO):
The projects will include:
- Assistance with the development of RSO’s and the Institute’s 5 year strategic plan.
- Supporting new proposals to help prepare the Institute for the next phase of its journey.
- Supporting the development of various department specific projects (EHS, Audit, Business Development & Legal, etc.).
As the Senior Project Officer, you will be:
- Managing and prioritising multiple projects, timelines and progress.
- Critically analysing data and information to inform project development and delivery.
- Proactively identifying and collecting information needed to successfully execute projects.
- Effectively communicating with a broad range of key stakeholders (both internal and external to our Institute), from our leaders, senior medical specialists and our allied health, laboratory and population health researchers.
- Preparing documents and presentations for our COO, executive and board.
- Experience in building trust and credibility in a complex stakeholder and organisation environment will be key to your success along with comprehensive oral and written communication skills.
What are we looking for?
- Tertiary qualification in Science, Business, Commerce or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in project development/management across multiple projects, from developing project plans and bringing a project to fruition and within the agreed time frame.
- Successful track record in delivery of projects.
- Action oriented self-starter who is outcome driven and can lead through influence and partnership with a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience in building trust and credibility in a complex stakeholder and organisational environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with experience communicating to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to think strategically and independently in order to forward plan and monitor future priorities.
- Excellent skills in using Microsoft Office package.
- Capacity to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to handle and uphold confidentiality with maturity and common sense.
- Previous experience in a science/medical research institute and an understanding of change management techniques or principles will be highly regarded.
Be part of something special and play your part in transforming child health –send us your application, we would love to hear from you!
Please place your responses to the key selection criteria at the end of your cover letter.
Please note, applications will only be considered when submitted via the MCRI website. Please click apply to proceed with your application.
For more information on this position please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Reference: 15534
Closing Date: 30 September 2018 at 5pm