Academic Services, University Services
About the role
The Manager is one of the members of the Academic Services Business Improvement team and leads an organisational program of work that will deliver efficiency and effectiveness improvements across the portfolio that are linked to the University Services 2020 vision.
The position is responsible for the delivery of a series of business improvement initiatives, working in collaboration with sponsors and business owners and a wide range of University staff at a number of levels. You will enagage with staff to analyse and review activities and identify opportunities for improvements that can be identified using insights drawn from data. You will also be responsible for overall planning and coordination of initiatives designed to respond to opportunities, including liaison and consultation with key senior staff across the University, the identification and management of potential opportunities, hurdles and solutions, and implementation.
The Manager will be a champion for fundamental change to service delivery through the use of data, with anexceptional understanding of the needs of both students and academic staff in the delivery of services as well as detailed business knowledge about how student and academic services are managed at the University of Melbourne and comparator institutions. You will have outstanding leadership, negotiation, change management and communication skills,building effective working relationships within and across teams.
- Demonstrate strong Leadership qualities and has experience in managing operational teams.
- A demonstrated understanding of the needs of internal stakeholders in the delivery of data and reporting services and a track record of delivering solutions that respond to these.
- Exceptional organisational and administrative skills, including the ability to exercise self-direction and prioritise workloads and ensure timely delivery of projects.
- Demonstrated capacity to exercise sound autonomous judgement and to have a high level of initiative, including the ability to independently formulate and implement new ideas.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a track record of effective stakeholder engagement and the ability to interact with and influence a broad range of people.
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly both in a team and independently, and in an environment with changing demands.
Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
Close date: 30th September 2018
Position Description & Selection Criteria
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria