University of Melbourne Advancement
Salary:$123,991 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Melbourne
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked among the leading universities in the world, holding the number 1 spot in Australia and number 32 among all universities globally (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018). We are globally engaged, renowned for delivering learning & teaching programs, we are deeply connected to business, government and the community through our research and impact, all to achieve and contribute to a better society which helps transform our lives.
There is a rare opportunity to join the Advancement team as Head of Communications to drive engagement of alumni and new and existing donors.
The Head of Advancement Communications reports through to the Director, Alumni and Stakeholder Relations and manages a motivated team of communications professionals. This is a pivotal role for the Advancement team, developing and implementing communications strategies which support the goals of the University's capital campaign. A key engagement role, it works across a complex stakeholder group to develop a 'digital first' approach to communications and marketing across Advancement. The role oversees the production of communications collateral, online and traditional content channels and the development of best practice systems and processes to streamline the delivery of communication services. This is a role which will shape the vision of Advancement including the increase of alumni donors for the University.
Skills and experience
As Head of Advancement Communications, you will have skills and experience to reflect the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, marketing or similar field
- Ability to be an innovative and attentive leader who inspires others
- Strengths in digital communication and engagement of diverse audiences
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive experience developing strategic communications in line with organisational planning
- Thrive in a nimble and agile work environment
- The ability to connect people with the story
- Change management capability
- Easily prioritise workload and manage expectations of complex stakeholders
- Adhere to brand architecture and guidelines to mirror brand positioning for alumni donors
- Budget management
How to Apply:
Please do not apply via the University website. We have engaged the consultancy Six Degrees to assist in this recruitment.
Enquiries and applications should be directed to: Lyndsey Walker, Six Degrees, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel +613 8613 3518.
Close date: 28 Sep 2018 Position Description and Selection Criteria
0032312.pdf For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria