JOB ID: 180702
SALARY RANGE: An attractive remuneration package to be negotiated (including 9.5% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and fixed-term for 5 years
LOCATION: Deakin Downtown, Docklands, Melbourne
ABOUT THE ROLE
DeakinCo. is Deakin University's interface with the corporate and professional world, offering experienced learners and professionals the opportunity to upskill or re-skill, learn for learning's sake, or acquire a credential or credit towards a university degree - in preparation for current and future work. Working with both individuals and corporate entities, DeakinCo. provides experienced learners and professionals digital and onsite learning opportunities in a customer-focused and commercially savvy way, and where applicable offers learners a pathway to achieving a Deakin degree. The Executive Director will lead and manage DeakinCo. to realise and expand its activities as Deakin's provider of premium professional and corporate education, in accordance with LIVE the Future, the University's strategic agenda. The Executive Director is Deakin's face to the corporate and professional world with regard to continuing professional development and associated activities and connects lifelong learners with Deakin University. This will include:
- Building the DeakinCo. business to provide value to the University, including commercial return, reach and reputation, and as a pipeline to University enrolments.
- Establishing and growing the reach and value of professional education offerings nationally and globally, and corporate education offerings.
- Engaging with the four Deakin Faculties to commercialise their offerings in professional or corporate education, within service-level agreements, and being a bridge between the University and the corporate and professional worlds.
- Fostering a service culture on every aspect of delivery, with effectiveness and efficiency as key measurables.
- Qualifications at postgraduate level or commensurate experience or a combination.
- Outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills including communication, networking, presentation, representational, negotiation, conflict resolution, team-building and faculty decision-making.
- Ability to represent DeakinCo. internally to the University, and externally: building credibility and relationships with professional and industry organisations, and with faculty leaders in the University.
- Experience leading the design, development and delivery of digital education in rapidly developing environments.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the candidate information PDF
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Siobhan Lenihan, Adviser to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Education, Tel: 0428 893 317, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 30 September 2018
For a full copy of the candidate information and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.