- One of Australia's leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Ranked 16th in the world, UNSW Law is Australia's leader in progressive and rigorous legal education and research. Inspired by principles of justice, UNSW Law through its teaching, research and community outreach, promotes a holistic understanding of law and its role in society.
UNSW Law includes more than 90 academics, many of whom are leaders in their areas of research interest. Our research is organised around a range of centres and disciplinary clusters. The Faculty's research ranges from traditional doctrinal study to interdisciplinary, empirical and theoretical work. A common theme is the engagement with law outside the University, through policy and law reform and collaboration with practitioners of all kinds. UNSW Law is supported by 60 professional and technical staff who provide management and support in teaching, research, finance and student administration.
- $102K - $115K plus (17% superannuation and leave loading) Pro Rata
- Part- time 28hr per week
- 2 year fixed term
The CIBEL Manager will oversee the day-to-day and strategic activities of UNSW Law's China International Business and Economic Law (CIBEL) initiative. The position will manage administrative and budgetary functions and work collaboratively with the members of CIBEL and liaise with academics across the Faculty as well as with our partners in China.
The role of CIBEL Manager reports to the Faculty Executive Director and has a dotted reporting line to the Co-Directors, CIBEL and has two direct reports, Administrative Officer and Administrator (Communications).
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Develop strategic and business plans for CIBEL to enable the achievement of agreed goals and milestones in conjunction with the Faculty Executive Director and the Co-Directors, CIBEL
- Drive the development and delivery of business development initiatives and programs that support stakeholder requirements and ensure alignment with a university wide perspective
- Manage key projects undertaken by CIBEL including development of research grant applications, education proposals and knowledge exchange initiatives in accordance with agreed priorities
- Drive partnership activities in line with CIBEL's strategy to achieve revenue and growth targets
- Plan and successfully execute CIBEL stakeholder engagement programs including committees, workshops, major events, communications, marketing, journal publications, business development and partnership management and all other UNSW stakeholders
- Identify, develop and secure new opportunities to align UNSW research with industry partner needs
- Develop and implement administrative, financial, human resource and media strategies and plans for CIBEL to ensure the allocation of resources is fully aligned with strategy and supports the long-term sustainability of CIBEL.
- Regularly report to the Faculty Executive Director and provide early advice of any emerging issues likely to impact CIBEL's operations and / or achievement of key milestones and agreed benefits
- Identify and develop stakeholder and philanthropic research relationships with centre sponsors, partner institutes, government and others to ensure successful achievement of goals and objectives in line with 2025 strategy objectives
- Establish and implement a performance monitoring system for CIBEL to support effective decision making, act when performance falls outside agreed parameters and ensure all required financial and management reports are submitted in a timely manner
- Implement the UNSW Health and safety management system within your area of responsibility
Steve Lalic, Talent Acquisition
Applications close: 11:pm on 11th Oct 2018
Find out more about working at UNSW at http://www.law.unsw.edu.au/
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity