- Full-time, fixed term contract for one year, located at Bundoora Campus
- Level A - $65,021 - $87,705 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
- Level B - $92,248 - $109,258 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the position
The Hogan Research Group is located at the La Trobe Institute for Molecular Science, which is a start-of-art research facility, are looking for a Research Officer or Fellow to join the Department of Chemistry. This position is available for an immediate start to work on the development of mobile phone-based sensors for applications in the wine industry.
Skills and Experience - Essential
- Expertise in chemical sensors/biosensors
- Expertise in electrochemistry and electroanalytical techniques especially voltametric methods
- Practical skills related to the development and fabrication of chemical sensors/biosensors
You will have at least completed a postgraduate degree in the relevant discipline as well as a record of significant contribution to publications, conference papers and/or reports. Experience in the generation, analysis and modelling of data including the capacity to integrate data from a range of sources.
Please refer to the Position Descriptions for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Thursday, 4 October 2018 by 11.00pm AEST.
Position Enquiries: Associate Professor Conor Hogan, +61 3 9479 3747, firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Descriptions below:
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter indicating whether you are applying for the Research Officer or Research Fellow position; and
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 3 9479 1241 or email@example.com
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.