JOB ID: 180689
SALARY RANGE: An attractive remuneration package to be negotiated (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and Continuing (subject to funding availability)
LOCATION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus or Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role will be responsible for developing and leading a new research program in the Institute for Healthcare Transformation, a new research institute at Deakin University. This will include:
- Providing strong leadership to grow the new research stream in health system financing & organisation, both in terms of research income and staff complement.
- Leading major research tasks, research projects and project teams, including internal and external collaboration to further Deakin's research activities and seek new research opportunities.
- Leading and sustaining research collaborations and partnerships that have demonstrable outcomes, including significant international research programs or partnerships.
- Providing intellectual leadership beyond their specific areas of research, scholarship or creative activity, including development of a profile as an internationally recognised researcher.
- A relevant doctoral qualification; or equivalent qualifications/experience in health system finance and organisation.
- Recognition as an expert researcher at the national level through high quality and high impact research in health system finance and organisation over a sustained period of time.
- Evidence of the conduct high quality research, including involvement in successful competitive Category 1 research grant applications.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective high performing teams and to work effectively as a member and leader.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description.
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Rob Carter, Tel: +61 3 9244 6001, Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 14 October 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here:
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.